About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen, the baby of our family.

Friday, June 14, 2013

Old Glory

Good morning,


It's Flag Day in the USA and I am always happy to display and to share pictures of Old Glory.

Isn't that beautiful!  I believe that giant flag is on the property of a Chevrolet dealer.  I took it while we were driving North on I-71, just south of Columbus, Ohio, last winter.  The colors are so bright against the gray sky.

So pretty.

All the best,
Lois

6 comments:

MarkD60 said...

Queens Birthday Monday. Coincidence?

richies said...

A large U.S. Flag flying is one of the prettiest sights there is.
An Arkies Musings

Lois Evensen said...

I guess not, Mark.

Flag day is on the day the flag was adopted in 1777. Here's more information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_Day_%28United_States%29

Richies: AMEN!

TexWisGirl said...

just beautiful!

Montanagirl said...

May she fly proudly forever (we hope) !!!

Elaine said...

I always like seeing these huge flags!