About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A Walk to the Post Office - St. Thomas, U.S.V.I.

Good morning,

We are in St. Thomas, U.S.V.I. once again.

We have always loved St. Thomas, but we don't always get off to do much because of on board schedules.  
I took a quick walk to the post office this time so I could get items into the U.S. mail.  My Honey and I have had lunch at the restaurant on the right in the above image when we have come ashore together.
There is a large shopping area at the port so you don't have to go downtown to get what you want or need.
It's so very convenient when the ship can "park" right a the curb next to the shopping center.  ;)
 That's not a homeless guy lying there on the rock bench.  He's wearing a crew badge and is on the phone.  Crew members look forward to being able to get a good connection to be able to call family and friends.  It looks as if this fellow is working on his tan, too.  ;)
 I walked on down the street past many more shops...
 ...to a very welcome sight.  :)  There's a full post office here, too, so I can purchase stamps when I need them.

All the best,
Lois

3 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

My parents used to love to go to St. Thomas for their vacation. It looks like a great place to dock a ship.

TexWisGirl said...

i bet the crew members look forward to ports! love the pull-up-and-park-it. :)

MarkD60 said...

At the George Town Post office, there's two slots. One says "Cayman Islands" the other says "Foreign Mail". Any time there's a cruise ship in, you can go to the post office and see an American who can't figure out which slot to put their mail in. "I'm not a foreigner! I'm an American!" DUH