About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Needlework Update - October, 2012

Good morning,

It has been a month already since my last needlework update.  I've been very busy this month making gifts and items for our Etsy Shop, EvensensProductions.com.  Are you busy making things for the holidays already?  I sure am!

These wine bottle dresses and hats are so cute and so much fun to have or give as gifts.  The one above is great for Halloween or Cincinnati Bengals parties.  ;)  I purposely set up the lighting in our hallway to look a little "Halloweeny." 
I'm getting ready for Christmas, too.  :)
This wine bottle dress and hat in University of Texas - Dallas colors has already found a happy home with dear friends.  They already had one and now they have a pair for white and red wine.
These are extra large double thick pot holders that also double as hot pads for your table.  They're 100 % cotton so wash and dry easily.  These have just sold last night after I have written most of this post, but I have them in the shop in wheat color.  I have a couple of sets that I use myself, too. 
My Honey has been busy in his wood workshop, too.  This is a gorgeous seam ripper that is a fabulous gift for anyone who sews or quilts.  This one is sold already, but there are more in our Etsy shop.
This child size 2-4 capelet and hat is a big sister outfit to the Lady Bug Baby outfit already in the store.  I just love these.  They are just so sweet for little ones.
Here's something new in the store, too.  It's a Puppy Sweater Jacket, Hat, and Happy Puppy Toy for a little boy - size 12 months.  I'm sure any little guy has treasures to keep in that little pocket, too. 
And, in Child Size 4 for a boy or girl, here's a Christmas Tree Sweater that is perfect for any holiday event and photo op!  On the tree are a gingerbread man, candy cane, toy train, Christmas tree light bulb, and other fancy ornaments.  It's an original charmer and perfect Grandparent gift.
The last item this month is a favorite of mine.  It is a Blue Lovers Afghan and sold within a few hours of being finished and listed in our Etsy Store.  There are more afghans in the store.

In fact, there are more than 150 items in the store at this writing all ready to be shipped so we hope you'll take a look when you're shopping for yourself or for gifts.  Just click here to take a look:  EvensensProductions.com.

Are you busy for the holidays?  I truly enjoy seeing all of the things that my blog friends are making and recently bought a couple of doggie related items from someone else's Etsy Store.  I can't say who or what it was because they are gifts that haven't been given yet.  ;)

And, now, we return to our regularly scheduled blogging.  ;)

All the very best,
Lois

12 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

your children's clothing items are always so cute. love the pup hat. and your hubby's woodworking is SO beautiful.

EG CameraGirl said...

You certainly have been busy! Your husband's work skills are excellent too.

Bob Bushell said...

The wine bottle needlework is great, I love it.

Unknown said...

Boy, you have been a busy girl! Beautiful things. Thanks for you visit to Small Town, USA. I am now following you.

Diana said...

I'm so glad you are getting so many pretty projects done for the holidays. I hope to get back to crocheting in a couple of months. My second carpel tunnel surgery is next week,it's why I pretty much quit.
I have been sewing though, not as hard on the hands!!
Love Di ♥

Anonymous said...

You are both so talented. Until this past summer, I had all my childhood dolls. (I gifted them to a friend's grands) I adore your doll clothes, especially.

DeniseinVA said...

Oh Lois these are such cute things you've made there. I also love your hubby's creation. All wonderful things. No I haven't made any gifts, I am not that good at this kind of thing. That's why I am glad there are such talents like you have. Enjoy your evening.

Pat said...

Gosh, you HAVE been busy! You are so talented! I just love the caplet and hat!

carol l mckenna said...

Wow! You certainly have been busy ~ Lovely creations ~ all of them ~ such wonderful handwork ~ so creative! (A Creative Harbor)

Michele said...

You have been busy! Your projects are lovely and I'm sure they will go fast. It is time to get ready for the holidays, isn't it?

Michelle said...

You guys are quite the creative pair!

Marit Johanne said...

You have been busy! That Christmas tree sweater was very cute! All of it is nice.