About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Saturday, March 3, 2012

St.Thomas, US.V.I. - Views from the Balcony

Good morning,

Today's images were taken from the balcony of my brother's stateroom aboard Freedom of the Seas.
One morning I stopped by their stateroom and enjoyed watching the activity in the harbor of St. Thomas, U.S.V.I. while we chatted.
There are some very expensive toys tied up here!
This "pirate ship" was on the way in to pick up a group of tourists for a tour.
 This view looking forward toward the bow of Freedom we could see the tiny tour boat tied up at the dock.

I always consider my digital images to be my best souvenirs wherever we go.  While on a ship just sitting and watching with a camera in your hand can be as much (or more!) fun as trying to do everything that you could possibly do out here.  ;)

We had a wonderful time while my brother and sister-in-law were here.  It is so much fun to be able to spend some time together, have a meal together, and talk about old times when no one has to do the dishes. 

Best,
Lois

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Lois
As I wa scrolling down and looking at the photos I mentally said to my self 'theres a lot of money tied up in that marina - when the next words I read were - there are some very expensive toys tied up here. You took the words out of my mouth, how clever is that lol
Great shots - makes me think about putting that cruise on my list.
Take care
Cathy

Cathy @ Still Waters

Sherry said...

Beautiful pictures of Paradise!

Montanagirl said...

Another neat post, Lois. Sooo beautiful there!

TexWisGirl said...

just gorgeous views and blue waters.

grammie g said...

Hi Lois..I believe the ship is larger than the island!! lol
What a lovely view though..!!
There must be some deep water there..you look pretty close to shore!!
grace

Elaine said...

Always fun to just sit in a quiet corner and watch the activity in a busy place like this.

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

Wonderful shots of this lovely part of the world... Have always wanted to vist and I'll get there one day :-)

Reena said...

You are right .... there is some serious money wrapped up in those yachts!

Rose said...

Having a digital camera in hand anywhere is wonderful, but I do bet you have a wonderful time with it.

Rina ... also Chester or Daisysmum. said...

Hi Lois
Just found the instruction how to do the Webcam on Sherry's blog, Bummer it was 10.15pm hard to judge the correct time from Australia.. Will give it another go some time Happy sailing
See ya
Rina