About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Monday, March 19, 2012

St. Maarten, Dutch West Indies - OSU Burger!

Good morning,

Our water taxi ride across the bay in St. Maarten ended in the old "downtown" area of the town.  We stepped ashore onto the boardwalk lined with shops.
Immediately to our right was the beach.  Oh, the beautiful beach!
In the sidewalk is a map of the island.
Walking along the beach is this lady with her portable store!  We will get more images of her and a friend later.
Our first objective was to find somewhere to eat.
Look at this!  Note the flag and street sign.  OSU Burgers here in St. Maarten? 
 What better place for lunch!  There was no space available overlooking the street.  This image was taken from our table inside the restaurant.
 And, as soon as I took my first bite of my cheeseburger, My Honey asked, "Did you take a picture of that yet?" 

It was good!

;),
Lois

7 comments:

Judy said...

That hamburger looks YUMMY! I've been so enjoying your trip Lois as I enjoy all your trips :)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty place! Beaches are too crowded for my fancy but love looking at the people. The beach lady selling shirts and hats was a neat shot!! I can't imagine carrying those all around, my arm would kill me!! The hamburger looks just devine!! YUM! Looks like a pretty day too. I imagine all their days are pretty much pretty!! ...debbie

TexWisGirl said...

that is too funny! a taste of home!

DeniseinVA said...

That must have been a great trip. Had to laugh at your husband's comment asking if you had taken a picture yet. My hubby can relate :)

Montanagirl said...

So pretty there - and colorful! The beach looks very inviting. Love that burger photo with the bite out of it!!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Looks lovely and delicious - the beach and the burger!

Elaine said...

Mmmm! I'll have an order of that!