About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Pictures From Just Before the Snow and Cold

Good morning,

I've been so busy with travel images that I haven't yet shared the few I have here today. 

That vase above sits on Hyde Park Square in Cincinnati.  The vase was part of one of the items decorated, then auctioned for charity sometime after our famous Cincinnati Flying Pigs that I featured some time ago.

While visiting the Great Smoky Mountains and Cherokee, North Carolina last month we saw that their decorated art object is a bear.  I will have to collect pictures of these pieces of art as we travel.  I've seen others in other places, but have not gotten pictures of them.  I can't believe I could have missed such important pictures!



That lovely vase at the top is across Hyde Park Square from these buildings.  We were here to pick up some American Automobile Association maps before our trip South a week or so ago.  The sky was still a beautiful blue and the weather warm until just after we left.


And, here is another image of beautiful blue skies that I took while we were still in Cincinnati.  At the time I took this one, two of our grandchildren were in the car with us.  It was pretty exciting to see the Good Year Blimp that day. "Did you get a picture of it, Grandma?"  I hope the kids enjoy seeing that blimp picture! 

So, those are a few images that help us remember that the skies were very blue recently and will be again someday after the snow and cold there right now. 

Very best,
Lois

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hi Lois, You did pick a great time to be away from the cold in the midwest and other areas of the US. WE still have a little white on the ground from last week's snow, and the cold temps are making sure it stays here!

stringsofpurls said...

Those blue skies do seem a distant memory...
Merry Christmas, friend! Have a blessed holiday!

River Glorious said...

Those blue skies are beautiful. :) I also like that vase.

BTW, thanks for the helpful advise on composting. I was ready to give up.

Diana said...

I remember when the blimp flew over our town. I wish I had my camera then!
Love Di ♥

Montanagirl said...

Fun photos....Love that Blimp!

Cheryl said...

What a beautiful arrangement in the first photo. I hope the grandchildren like the blimp photo!And thanks for sharing the blue skies...today and tonight is has been snowing steadily...I think here we will indeed have a white Christmas.

Lois Evensen said...

Good morning,

Yes, it was clear and beautiful in Cincy that day we went to Hyde Park Square.

It has been very cool to moderate temperatures down here in the Caribbean. The high today will be 77 F which is moderate for here. ;) A week or so ago up in Florida it was in the 30's! That was difficult for the residents, but felt like Christmas to us.

Thank you so much, everyone, for stopping by.

Very best for a wonderful Christmas!

Lois