About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Other things I do on board....

Good morning,

I have more to do here on board Freedom of the Seas than just walk on Deck 12...
  ...and take really cool pictures of hot tubs hanging off the side of the ship.
 When I am not doing that fun stuff, I am working on my CPA license continuing professional education (CPE).  It's not all that bad, though.  I am retired, but I do enjoy staying connected with my profession as I keep my CPA license current.  I'm required to have 120 hours of CPE every three years.  I attend some courses while at home and do the rest of it while at sea.  Each of those five books in the image represents a course.  I've finished two and I am currently working on the third one.

So, it's not all fun and games, but this sure is a great place to meet my CPE requirements.  ;)

Have a great week,
Lois

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Study, study and study more! like you said, it's a great place to study on board the ship, visiting exotic places...maybe some day....debbie

Montanagirl said...

Wow - Lots of books - but a fun place to meet some of the requirements. Good for you! Have been enjoying your journey.

Diana said...

Well I couldn't think of a more pleasant place to study Lois! I think I would study in that hot tub! Sorry I haven't been by much. Still feeling a bit puny!
Love Di ♥

Lois Evensen said...

Good morning,

Yes, this is a wonderful place to study. I'm afraid I would fall asleep in the hot tub, though, and drop the books in the water. ;)

Diana, I hope you and your honey are feeling better. I visited your and everyone's blog on Sunday while we were in port and had my Verizon land cell line. It was good to get caught up; I really enjoy your blogs. Today we are running from the Bahamas to the Western Caribbean to avoid the hurricane. All is just fine here. ;)

Thank you, everyone, for stopping by.

Very best,
Lois