About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Work in Process - Patio Crochet

 Good morning,

I only work on small projects while sitting on the patio.  That's great because I can have bigger projects next to my recliner (right now a large flower garden afghan with grassy green border) and the smaller projects outside. Upstairs in the sitting room I have a large afghan blanket started in red, white, and green.  I have yarn colors selected in separate project boxes for two other afghan blankets, too.  When making a large afghan blanket, it can take a long time from the first chain to the final stitch. It's a great sense of completion when I can finish something small once in awhile, too. 

The item above is a lap blanket.  I just bought the solid pink yarn and the multi color yarn is from my stash.  I made lap blankets for my Mom when she was confined to a wheelchair.  She loved having them for both warmth and privacy.  She used them on her bed and in her recliner, too. Of course, I made the same size blankets for the babies when they were born, too.

When this bright and happy lap blanket is finished, I'll list it in the shop.

What are you making, baking, growing this week?

All the best,

Lois

No comments: