About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Monday, August 2, 2021

It's For the Birds

 Good morning,

Yesterday I laid some pieces of bread out on top of the hedge around our front porch.  It was fun to watch the birds who were so excited to find it there, especially the mommy birds feeding the babies.  We can watch them through the french doors in our living room.

I took the picture and video with my phone camera so it's not the best quality, but it sure was fun to do this.  I also saw a family of cardinals, but wasn't able to get out there to get pictures.  Perhaps another time.

About an hour after I took these pictures, the man who trims our bushes and cuts the grass arrived so the bird watching came to an end.

An aside:  the bread is what I make myself, all natural, no preservatives, so not harmful to our feathered friends.

Happy summer!

Lois

No comments: