About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Thursday, August 1, 2019

Pork Chop in Pasta

Good morning,

I got a little carried away a couple of nights ago trying to figure out something different to do with a pork chop.  I made this one up as I went along.

I ended up baking four large chops after coating them with Italian salad dressing.  I then removed them from the drippings and moved them to a different dish, poured pastry dough over the top and returned it to the oven for the pastry to bake and brown.  While that was happening, I made gravy with the drippings and some red wine.  This was yummy!

On the side is a Jarlsberg cheese and fresh tomatoes salad garnished with mint from the garden and oven baked onion potatoes.

This one was a winner.

Lois

No comments: