About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Friday, December 15, 2017

Cincinnati Pops Orchestra Christmas!

Good morning,

Last weekend My Honey and I enjoyed the Cincinnati Pops Orchestra's Christmas Concert.

Our Cincinnati Music Hall is one of the oldest and most beautiful in the country.  Above you see the back of Music Hall.  We parked in the old WCET garage so had to walk around to the front of the building to enter.  Music Hall has recently been renovated and the pedestrian bridge from that garage has been removed.
This is the front of Music Hall. 
We arrived fairly early so had the opportunity to enjoy looking around to see the renovations before the concert.
The interior of Music Hall has always been so very elegant. 
These images were taken in the Grand Foyer.
And, look who we found here!
 I took this image from our seats in the orchestra section.  In fact, we were in the third row. 
 As with most events, flash images and recordings are not permitted during concerts so I took a few before the concert started, then put my phone away.
 How beautiful our Music Hall looks all decked out for Christmas!

 My final image is of the chandelier.  By the time the concert was ready to start the auditorium was packed for this sold out concert.

Of course, I didn't take images during the concert even though I would have loved to share them with you.  The concert was fabulous.

Catherine, our daughter, gave me these tickets for my birthday present.  Wow, what a lovely and loving gift.  Thank you, Catherine!

Lois

1 comment:

DUTA said...

The concert Hall looks grand, indeed! Hope you've thoroughly enjoyed the music.