About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Marzipan Candy

Good morning,

Last week I asked My Honey what he wanted for Easter and he'd like Marzipan.  Growing up in Norway, Marzipan Candy was a special treat for both Easter and Christmas.

I looked up a recipe on line, got the ingredients, and tried my hand at it.
Marzipan is easy enough to make with almonds, corn syrup, and powdered sugar.  After all the ingredients are kneaded together, the "dough" is rolled in plastic wrap and chilled in the refrigerator before being rolled out and cut with a cookie cutter.
I'm not sure if the little heart cookie cutter I used was my Mom's or one from my collection, but it was perfect to make little Marzipan hearts. 

According to my resident Viking, they tasted perfect!  :)

Lois

No comments: