About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Talmadge Memorial Bridge - Savannah, GA

Good morning,

We crossed this really cool bridge while arriving in Savannah, Georgia, in the rain. 
I'm glad I managed to get some pictures at all as I snapped the camera between wipes of the windshield.
This bridge is across the Savannah River and is very high so fairly large ships can pass below.

 I think the shots taken while we were crossing the bridge are the best of all.
 Such fun!

Enjoy,
Lois

6 comments:

Jan n Jer said...

WE have the identical Bridge in Brunwick Ga.(Sydney Lanier)on Rt 17. only difference is that Savannah's is lite up at night.

TexWisGirl said...

i like the approach! rather cool!

Montanagirl said...

Lois, these are really nice photos. Nice timing on your shots!

Rose said...

Now that is a fantastic bridge...think I will go see if I can find more views of it.

Michele said...

Great pictures of the bridge! Savannah is an amazing city!

Jack said...

I get the impression that you like the journeys north and south (almost) as much as the destinations. I spent a couple of days in Savannah two years ago on a bicycle trip through the Lowlands. Great city, isn't it?