About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Scarlet McCaw - Brevard Zoo - Viera, Florida

Good morning,

We found some very pretty red heads at the Brevard Zoo.
They are much prettier in real life than they are in their promotional material!
The animals here at the Brevard Zoo are in very natural settings.  There are few if any cages and bars here.  Beautiful!

Enjoy,
Lois

Programming note:  In real time we are on the road again, this time going South from Ohio to Ft. Lauderdale where My Honey will attend meetings.   We are enjoying a few days before and after the meetings as vacation time.  We'll be back in Ohio again before going back to the ship in August.  We drive South, we drive North, we drive South, we drive North....  ;)  I hope you enjoy traveling along with us through my posts.  My posts will lag real time by a few days.  -LAE 

8 comments:

Martha said...

Beautiful birds and photos. Looking forward to your next cruise. I am going on my first cruise in October.

Montanagirl said...

Beautiful place and such colorful birdies!!

TexWisGirl said...

my kinda walk-through zoo!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic photos.

Have a nice Sunday.

Rose said...

I bet that is a neat zoo to visit...

I saw the words 'on the road again' and thought for a minute where has the time gone...was so glad when I read it was just for meetings.

Have fun on your 'vacation' days.

KaHolly said...

I'm loving your header. Giraffe's are my favorite zoo animal!! You certainly are spending a lot of time on the road. Love all the pics of your travels.

Elaine said...

Looks like a wonderful zoo!

MarkD60 said...

I believe I've seen these flying wild in Costa Rica