About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Hawaii - Shopping, Flowers, and Food

Good morning,

Catherine took the picture above of the Walmart store in Hawaii to give me a smile.  It did!  Actually, I was looking for snowman buttons for a project I was working on at the time and she found them for me in Hawaii.  Go figure!
It is so nice to see flowers while it is so cold here in Ohio.

This is another shot for me.  My Honey and I always stop at Ihop for our first meal when we leave the ship after many weeks there.  It's tradition.
Orchids....  Beautiful.  And, note there are a couple of little ants enjoying that flower, too.
It appears this fellow's trunk has often been rubbed for luck.
Ooooh, fresh sushi.
More of Catherine's Hawaii images tomorrow.  Thanks for sharing, Catherine.  This is fun!

Enjoy,
Lois

9 comments:

Ellie said...

Oh Hawaii does look nice. Some sun and heat would indeed be lovely. Cold and windy here at the moment.

DeniseinVA said...

Lovely photos from Hawaii Lois.

Judy said...

Awe, how nice of her to share her trip. Hawaii is such a beautiful place to be right now when the weather is so cold for people. We're heading back to the cold in a few days :(

TexWisGirl said...

snowman buttons at a walmart in hawaii. too funny.

Gunn said...

I think I should add Hawaii on my list....

Rose said...

I understand the Walmart shot...and IHOP is one of our favorite places to have breakfast.

Got a chuckle our of Catherine finding snowman buttons for you in Hawaii! That is just so funny.

Rose said...

Oh, forgot to say, loved seeing those flowers, too. I was looking though my photos last night, and sure was pausing when I came to flowers.

Unknown said...

Love the blooming hibiscus, they are so pretty and to see them now is wonderful. And Yum on the fresh sushi! Love it.

Nancy said...

Beautiful images of somewhere I'd like to be today! Thank you for sharing Catherine's lovely photos.