About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Heading Home - Part 1

Good morning,

Here we go!  We are on the way home from Port Canaveral, Florida, to Ohio, after being at sea for ten weeks.
The weather is gorgeous as we start our journey.
We've been driving between Ohio and Florida for many years now and have watched areas that were burned in wild fires return to life.  Mother Nature renews herself.
I always get a kick out of seeing Old Glory when we return to the USA. 
This picture was taken on the bypass around Jacksonville, Florida.
As I looked in different directions I couldn't help being so impressed by the beautiful sky.
There's downtown Jacksonville way over there. 
Soon we'll be in Georgia where we will stay overnight.

I hope you'll join us tomorrow for the continuation of our journey home.

Very best,
Lois

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11 comments:

Montanagirl said...

I'll be in the backseat! LOL. I've enjoyed your trip tremendously.

Claudia said...

after returning from ten weeks at sea, you thought you bring the sea to your blog...very nice new make over and the pictures are amazing!

Sherry said...

Wow! I thought I was on the wrong blog when I saw your new makeover on your blog! Nice.

Elaine said...

It must feel very strange to be back on the road again after 10 weeks at sea. I'm sure it'll feel very good to you to get home again. In the meantime, we'll enjoy your journey there.

Anonymous said...

Been there, done that, several times but mostly up and down the Atlantic coast. Now, with my back problems not getting better and breathing a real dilemma, I have probably seen the last of Florida. I was always glad to get in Florida. I always thought Georgia was the largest state in the union. Seemed like it took forever to get past Atlanta on the way down.

I liked the Florida turnpike or whatever it was called.

Your photos brought back a lot of memories. I think your post is delightful.

We went to the Ringling Bros Barnum and Bailey Museum once and enjoyed that a lot.

Cheryl said...

What pretty scenery. The clouds in the sky are so pretty.

Diana said...

Hi Lois,
Sorry I haven't been around much lately. It will be nice for you to be home again. I'm sure!
Love Di ♥

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

WOW Lois it has been an amazing experience to read your blogs over 10 weeks. We were getting such a kick from telling friends that we have a fellow blogger who follows blogs from aboard a cruise ship. Welcome home, friend!

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

The highways look so good, I love the US. These endless highways... Have the loveliest of Sundays, Lois xxx

Marit Johanne said...

Thank you for sharing your ten weeks at sea with us! I am following you home too :)

Lois Evensen said...

Hi Everyone,

Yes, it is long past time to do a makeover on the blog. I am finally where I have a high speed connection (or even a Verizon air card connection) so that I can upload pictures quickly and get into blogs other than my own without the connection timing out. :))

Yes, going home is wonderful, being at home is even better. We have plenty to do in the next ten weeks. We miss the kids and dogs while we're gone, but sometimes some of them come and visit us at sea. It must have been very hard for people out to sea without email. We are in contact with home every day (24/7 email connection), but there's no place like home!

Thank you, everyone, for stopping by.

Very best,
Lois