About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Peonies in Bloom

 Good morning,

When we see the ants on the peony buds we know we will soon have beautiful blossoms.

 These are some of my favorite flowers.

 When we moved here 42 years ago there was a clump of these peonies in the back garden.  I'm so glad that I separated the clump and moved some to the front yard where these are still blooming today. 

 I generally like to leave our garden flowers outside in the garden, but the wind and rain blew this one over and broke the stem so I brought it inside to enjoy it.

As you can see Mr. Snake is stopping to sniff the peony.  ;)   Mr. Door Snake was my last Work in Process crochet project a few days ago.  He is now finished and on his way to his new home.

Happy Spring!

Lois

1 comment:

Olde Dame Holly said...

I love Mr. Snake! He has good taste in blooms. The photo you shared of the wee ants on the bud -- that's just incredible. I have never seen anything like that before.