About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Sunday, July 14, 2019

Pork Roast for Dinner

Good morning,

There are days when I go look in the kitchen to see what I'll make for dinner that evening.

This time I got out a pork roast, the end of a jar of applesauce, some maple syrup, and lemon thyme from my patio herb garden.  I put it all together, wrapped it in foil, and baked it until the internal temperature was 170 F.  I opened the foil to brown the top for the last 15 minutes.
This was fantastic!  Pictured above is only half of the roast.  We made two dinners out of this.

The first evening I served it with salad and potatoes.  The second evening I served it with garlic butter pasta with very locally grown tomatoes (also from the patio garden), and wilted spinach.

What are you making for dinner this summer?

Enjoy!
Lois

No comments: