About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Friday, May 4, 2018

A Cold and Overcast Start to a Lovely Vacation

Good morning,

I've been away from blogging for awhile.  We went on a two week vacation and I dutifully packed my little laptop so I could blog along the way.  At the end of the first day, I got the dreaded message, "hardware failure" so that vacation blogging didn't happen.  I did take plenty of pictures, though, so will be sharing some of them now that we are home where I have a civilized Internet connection and my trusty desktop.  ;)

I took the image above as we crossed the I-75 bridge between Ohio and Kentucky at Cincinnati.  That bridge is more than 50 years old and is the subject of much political talk about replacement. 

The weather was very chilly and overcast, but we were headed South where we knew Mother Nature would have better weather for us.  We were headed to Galveston, TX, where we would meet our good friends Martha and Russell for a one week cruise aboard Liberty of the Seas.
Of course, we had plenty of good food during this trip.  This is a steak dinner with amazing bourbon sauce that we had on our first night out; it was just the beginning of so many fabulous meals.

Galveston, here we come!

Stay tuned!

Lois

No comments: