About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Friday, April 18, 2014

Back Yard Garden

 Good morning,

Today's images are of our back yard garden.  I like taking pictures about once a week so I have comparisons as the season progresses.  Above the day lilies are growing up and will cover the daffodils as they fade.  There are also some tulip leaves in there from tulips planted more than 20 years ago.
 The buttercups are doing a very good job doing what they are supposed to do - cover the ground.  Here they are growing between the stepping stones.
 I can count nine goldfish in our pond, but there could be a few more.  The pond is self sustaining and the fish stay in it year round.  It's time to drain about half of the water and replace it.  I do that once or twice a year.
 This is my chief helper.  :)

I think my garden work is cut out for me.  I have to take care of the front garden, too.

All the best,
Lois

8 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I'd say Spring has definitely sprung in your neck of the woods.

Montanagirl said...

At least you have spring! LOL. We do finally have a warmer morning temp this moning of 41, but rain expected today, which is much needed. Enjoyed your photos!

DeniseinVA said...

Lovely spring photos, and a lovely helper too Lois. Have a great weekend and Happy Easter!

TexWisGirl said...

love the goldfish pond and the buttercups! and of course, penny!

Julie Ferguson said...

Nice garden, sweet pup!

Hootin Anni said...

Pretty!!! I like the koi pond...and your 'chief helper'.

Lois said...

Very pretty! I like the goldfish pond. I am trying to keep goldfish in a bowl in the house for my little grandson to watch, but they keep dying on me. Fortunately the pet store is right up the street and they are cheap!

Birdman said...

Can that dog work a shovel? If so you really have something there.