About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Tunnels in Tennessee

Good morning,

One of the wonderful things about driving between Florida and Ohio is the variety of climate and scenery we find along the way.
There is some snow along the road, but otherwise the day is dry and clear.
It is always fun trying to get pictures...
...as we travel through the tunnels in Tennessee...
 ...to the light at the other end.
 Mountains!

Enjoy,
Lois

8 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We will also be traveling through a tunnel this weekend when we go on the Chesapeake Bay-Bridge Tunnel and it always presents unique photo ops. It is fun to see the different lighting effects, Lois.

TexWisGirl said...

definitely no mountain tunnels in my area of the country!

Lois said...

I love driving through tunnels in the mountains too!

Michelle said...

I always think the tunnels are a bit creepy!

Montanagirl said...

It's always nice to see a light at the end of the tunnel! Nice photos, Lois. Did you get my email of the picture of my granddaughter in your Lady Bug Sweater outfit??

Elaine said...

I imagine you're getting quite a good variety of weather on this trip. I like the view coming out of the tunnel.

Unknown said...

Is that tunnel along I75?

Lois Evensen said...

Hi Betsy, It's funny that we have driven this route several times a year for about 15 years. I'm not quite sure if they are on I40 just before Knoxville, or after. I'll take better notes next time. I used to watch the map closely as we traveled. Now we just turn on the GPS and relax.

Thanks, everyone, for stopping by and for your very kind comments.

Lois