About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Walking the Dogs Or Are They Walking Us?

Good morning,

My Honey and I walk the dogs and they walk us at the same time. 
My Honey had both leashes and I was the camera and bag lady.  ;)
Do you remember these?  When we were kids, we called them "brains."
We've seen the squirrels eating them.  Perhaps the deer eat them, too?
This little park-like area down our street is where we saw deer a few days earlier.  The dogs thought they should catch a deer for breakfast, but Dad didn't agree.
 All the business is done; the bag lady has done her job and found a very convenient public trash can.  We are on our way home. 

What beautiful weather for the dogs to take us for a walk!

;),
Lois

12 comments:

MarkD60 said...

Aren't those green things buckeyes? I think there is a buckeye inside.

Jan n Jer said...

Looks like you had a nice day to enjoy your walk!

Mersad said...

This is a question I ask myself every day when I take my dog out for a walk... :)

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Bob Bushell said...

Walking is the best thing for you and your dogs, keep it up.

Lady Jane said...

You have a lovely area to take your walk in.

Pat said...

I've heard those called "Ugly Fruit". They DO look like brains, though! They are supposed to keep away flies and spiders in your home. Don't know if it works, though!

TexWisGirl said...

just love your handsome pups!

Six said...

Such beautiful dogs. Of course, I may be a little biased :)

Rose said...

I LOVE that tree. As for the dogs, it looks like a little of both...one of our last two dogs would practically put her harness on herself...we have a railroad with a road that goes by it that we always took her to. Only put the harness on to get her across the street because she would be so excited she would have run out in front of a vehicle.

Montanagirl said...

Nice day for a walk!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Nice of the dogs to take you along, but then they did have their reasons, it seems.

Sherry said...

I never get enough of Lab Stories! I was in the hallway of the hospital yesterday when a lady with a yellow Lab came by - it is a therapy dog here in the hospital. I told her, "You just have to let me get my hands on your Lab!" When she and I finished our conversation, she commanded the dog to "take a bow" and this adorable dog went down on his front legs. It melted my heart for sure!!!